In Lincoln CA, Laser Dentistry Gives Patients an Alternative to Avoid their Fears
There are a number of patients who have a fear of going to the dentist, mostly due to their fears of needles and drilling. Thankfully, here at Nolan Dental, we provide a different option for patients that can avoid their fears and still receive proper dental care. Our office in Lincoln CA offers laser dentistry, one of dentistry’s latest advances, giving fearful patients an alternative to safe their smile.
Our “Laser” delivers energy in the form of light. This energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target,” our targets normally being enamels, decay, gum tissue, or whitening enhancers. Each target absorbs a different wavelength of light while reflecting others. Unlike the drill, laser dentistry brings no heat or vibrations, making the patient feel at ease and comfortable.
The lasers can also be used to diagnose any cavities that a patient has. They’ll find hidden decay that is hiding in your teeth in their very early stages. It also gives us the possibility of reversing the decay through hygiene and fluoride treatment, eliminating the need for a filling!
There are a number of different ways that patients can benefit from laser dentistry and its technology that it provides for our office and our treatments:
· Cavity diagnosis and removal
· Whitening teeth (targeting your enamel and the stains that are dimming the surface)
· Periodontal care, or other gum-related care (thorough cleanings to remove plaque and tartar)
· Soft tissue care (during any surgical procedures)
· Curing/hardening bonding materials (correcting current or previous cosmetic treatments)
· Pediatric procedures (many children are afraid of visiting the dentist due to the fear of pain, but laser dentistry eliminates that possibility)
· Root canal treatment
· And more!
Laser dentistry has been an incredible addition and advancement to dentistry as a whole, providing patients with an effective way of receiving the dental and oral care that they need without being scared or worried.
To learn more about our laser dentistry in Lincoln CA, feel free to call our office at (916) 645-1138 and schedule an appointment or consultation today.