Remove a Tooth with the Help of Your Dentist in Lincoln CA
Sometimes, a patient may need a tooth extracted from their mouth. A dental extraction is commonly required if one of your teeth is damaged beyond repair, without the help of fillings, crowns, and other restoration services. Your dentist in Lincoln CA provides several common reasons for tooth extractions:
- Severe tooth decay or infection that proves to be too costly or practical to repair the tooth
- If a patient is suffering from advanced gum disease, removing the damaged tooth can help eliminate the possibility of the supporting tissues and bone structures becoming damaged
- If this tooth is blocking other teeth from coming in, it may be easier to extract said tooth
- During orthodontic treatment, teeth may need to be removed to create room for the teeth to be moved into their proper position
- Wisdom teeth can cause constant pressure and may need to be removed either before or after they come in
What to Expect
In order to eliminate the possibility of pain during the extraction, Dr. Nolan will first administer anesthetic to number the area and reduce any discomfort. You’ll only feel the pressure of the tooth being removed! This can usually be done is only a matter of minutes.
After the extraction is completed, there will be a small amount of bleeding, but a patch of gauze will be placed in the area. This space will bleed minimally for the next 24 hours and slowly taper off after that. Every patient is different, so follow Dr. Nolan’s post-procedure instructions on how often to change the gauze, your daily food regimen, and more.