Dental Exams and X-Rays
Let Your Family Dentist in Lincoln CA to Protect Your Smile with Our Dental Exams & X-Rays
Here at Nolan Dental, we believe that routine dental exams are extremely important to maintaining a healthy and happy smile. Not only will you receive a proper cleaning and examination, but these appointments can help avoid potential financial costs that could come with large treatment plans in the future. No matter how old you are, the Academy of General Dentistry recommends that a patient visits their family dentist in Lincoln CA at least once every six months. By doing so, Dr. Nolan will have the ability to catch any issues or problems with your dental and oral health while they’re in an early stage—this will allow us to react immediately and start the work!
How It’s Done
During your exam, Dr. Nolan will examine your mouth with the help of dental equipment as such mirrors, high-intensity lights, and other assorted dental tools. We look for particular issues in your mouth, like cracked or decayed teeth, but we are also looking for other important areas such as:
- Medical history: It’s important to relay any important medical information to Dr. Nolan in order to assess how his work will currently affect your dental health.
- Examination of decay: You may not be able to tell if your tooth is decayed or cracked, which is what your professional dentist is here for!
- Oral cancer screening: This routine check looks for any signs of oral cancer on, near or around your face, neck, tongue, throat, lips, tissues and gums.
- Gum disease evaluation: Periodontal disease can destroy your smile, which is why it’s important to spot any potential threats as early as possible.
- Examination of existing restorations: We want to make sure that any crowns, fillings, or other restorations are holding up well!
Sometimes, a standard exam may not show everything that the eye can see. This is why Dr. Nolan will take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems that may affect your smile, especially in the areas below the gums. Bitewing x-rays are usually taken every 12 months and panographic x-rays, which revolves around the entire head, are taken every 3-5 years.
To schedule an exam with your Lincoln CA family dentist, call Dr. Nolan’s office today at (916) 645-1138.